Monday, June 6, 2011

Peer Review


The peer review was a good exercise, it was able to shade some light on where I needed to improve or expound more on my ideas. My paper apparently needed a whole lot of tweaking judging from the amount of writing made by classmates. Non the less I did follow up with suggestions and did come up with a more palatable final draft though it still needed more work.
I try not to criticize too much or over-correct, it always seems someone has a good idea unless they have a difficult expressing it or presenting in a concise manner. Its sometimes hard to actually figure out what is good or bad criticism, I would probably consider criticism with suggestion on what needs to be changed and how to change it to be a good criticism. However sometimes it may feel less help full if it puts someone in a defensive mode. Sometimes it’s easy to make constructive criticism based on the subject matter and the critics understanding on the topic.
The review gave me a new sense of achievement; most of the criticisms that I received were very good it’s almost hard to pick and choose bit’s of the ideas that were given to me because most of them were geared towards my presentation and organization of the paper and it also came with how to expand the paragraph and explain more ore the main points, which seems to have been the resounding theme on the review. Most people did like my presentation, some how validating my choice of work and analysis to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment